Increasing participation saves you money!
After activating your BESTflex Plan each year, it’s important to promote the plan to your employees. By reminding them about the value of using an FSA, they’re more likely to enroll or renew their participation. The more employees that participate in the plan, the more money you save:
- Your Flexible Spending Account (FSA) provides a tax savings to your organization
- Employers save 7.65% in social security taxes on every dollar that FSA participants contribute to the plan
- This 7.65% in tax savings can be enough to offset the costs of offering the BESTflex Plan in some cases
- Use our Employer Tax-Savings Calculator to estimate how much you can save
Download the Enrollment Toolkit
Open this file using free Adobe® Reader and type your organization’s Open Enrollment Dates on the bottom of the posters before printing them out on legal-size paper (8.5” x 14”). Hang the posters in break rooms, by the coffee machine, near copiers, or anywhere your employees may congregate.
This handout reinforces the key benefits of the BESTflex Plan. It can be distributed during Open Enrollment or benefits education meetings.
Eligible Expense List
This flyer lists examples of the types of products and services employees can save money on when using an FSA. Distribute it along with the Enrollment Flyer.
Remind your employees about their Open Enrollment Period, and provide a link to our Employee Resource Webpage which explains the basics of saving money with an FSA.
- For Outlook
- This email template (.oft file) works best for PC users who have Microsoft Outlook installed on their computer.
- Contains images and links to videos so that employers can send a colorful email to employees.
- For Other Email Systems: Insert Image
- For Other Email Systems: Copy Text
- You can use this Word document to copy and paste text into any email system to send to your employees. (No images included)
- Step 1: Open the Microsoft Word document. Highlight all text in document, and "Copy".
- Step 2: In your email system, compose a New Email and "Paste" the text into your new email, add recipients, and send.
Add these videos to your website and local intranet. To embed on a webpage, play a video, click the share button in the top right corner, choose embed, and copy the code. To download, click the Vimeo logo in the play bar to open the video through Vimeo.com. Once there, click the download button below the video and choose your file size.
What are Pre-tax Savings?
A basic explanation of how pre-tax dollars work.
Savings? What Savings?
A simple example using pre-tax dollars.
Accessing your Funds
Reimbursement and direct deposit options.
Accessing your Funds
Only for employers that offer the Benefits Card.
Benefits Card: Spend your BESTflex dollars the easy way
Simply swipe the Benefits Card to pay for eligible expenses.
Employee Resource Webpage
This page provides videos, an eligible expenses handout, a tax-savings calculator, and other information to help employees understand the value of saving money with an FSA.
Distribute your administration documents too.
In addition to the Enrollment Toolkit, be sure to download and distribute your plan administration documents such as the BESTflex Plan Summary Plan Description. Simply log in, open the Menu, choose “Forms and Materials” under “Resources”, and click the BESTflex Plan logo. The documents are located in the “Enrollment Materials to Distribute to Eligible Employees” section.